We have developed an 8 week program that runs in Junior and Secondary schools to help young people discover the ‘real me’ in a safe and nurturing environment.
Introduction of the course and it’s contents – by setting the scene to create a safe environment and through encouraging vulnerability. During this first session evaluation forms will be completed.
1.To understand the expectations of the course.
2. To build relationship.
Beliefs – Challenging what we believe about ourselves and discovering where we get our beliefs and values from.
1. What beliefs are and how they are formed.
2. How our beliefs can affect us.
Mindset – The mind is powerful – how we think effects how we behave. Looking at perceptions and how we perceive each other and ourselves.
1. How we process information effects the way we behave.
2. The power of words and how they can effect us.
Social Media – Looking at all forms of social media- snapchat, instagram, musically, fb, etc.
1. How the media manipulate images.
2. How to stay safe on social media and assessing the risks.
Self Confidence – this area can affect every part of our daily lives from socialising with friends, to what we are achieving in school and the choices that we make.
1. Useful techniques to develop positive self-talk.
2. Identify 5 good things about themselves.
Dreams – Having dreams and aspirations help us focus and make good decisions now.
1. Understand what a dream/aspiration is.
2. Understand that by having a healthy mindset, good belief system and a positive self esteem helps us to achieve our dreams.
Goals – Research has shown that those who write down their goals achieve far more in much less time!
1. Understand what a goal is.
2. Have 3 written goals for the next year.
Celebrate – On the last session we look to affirming each person in what they have achieved over the past 7 weeks and hand out medals and certificates.
1.Review individual learning outcomes.
2. Review areas of success/ areas for improvement.
Get in touch
Here at Flourish we’d love to hear from you, whether you’re interested in inviting us into your school or perhaps you just want to learn more about equipping and empowering young people. Let’s have a chat!